Thursday, March 26, 2015

Milestones: Eating

Is eating a milestone? I dunno. But Garrett's eating solid food now! Well, he has been for awhile. It takes me a little while to get this all documented here sometimes.

We started him on solid foods the day before he turned five months old. I wasn't back at work yet, so it was super easy for me to run out to the store in the morning just to buy one piece of organic fruit or veggie and then, while Garrett was napping, I would cook, prepare, puree, whatever it was, and feed it to him that afternoon.

His first food was sweet potato. He liked it!!


After that we tried avocado. It was ok the first time, but he wouldn't eat it again after that. We tried a few times...


No luck. It ended up everywhere but his mouth.


And then there were pears, yams, bananas and more sweet potatoes. And then I went back to work. Now all baby food comes from jars and squeezy pouches. And he loves all of those!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment