Thursday, December 4, 2014

Flashback: Pregnancy

I had originally started this blog to document and share all things baby Garrett... beginning with the pregnancy. Well, me being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't get anything posted until after he was born. 


So, better late than never, here is a quick all-in-one post about my pregnancy... :)

We found out we were pregnant on December 13th!


We had our first ultrasound on January 6th!!


We found out we were having a boy on March 26th!!!

This also happened to be the same day I felt the first kick :)


Overall, I had a pretty easy pregnancy. A little morning sickness in the beginning, but it quickly passed. No real cravings, other than water. I was thirsty all the time!! It got more difficult as I got bigger, and it didn't help that it was the middle of summer. At the start of July I could no longer fit into any of my shoes and wore flip flops for months... even to work. My staple maternity outfit was a maxi skirt with a t-shirt or tank. I started my maternity leave on August 1st. Garrett was born on August 17th... just two days early. 


My very first maternity outfit (4 months)

6 months

8 months

I would say that I enjoyed my pregnancy. It was definitely uncomfortable towards the end. But I wouldn't be opposed to doing it again. As long as I don't relive Garrett's birth story too often... it's amazing how quickly you forget about the amount of pain and why you said "I will never do that again" just after he was born.


1 comment: